What is the best way to sleep with hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, hurt a lot while sleeping, and that is why many of our regular patients have asked us What is the best way to sleep with hemorrhoids?
A good night’s sleep during a bout of piles may help alleviate the symptoms and the sickness itself.
Even if your illness progresses, the sleep patterns and postures you adopt might assist or hinder your ability to manage it, depending on the path you choose.
What to eat and wear are two of the most important decisions you’ll make all day. Some of the most typical questions that piles patients have are how to exercise, sit, and sleep while suffering from hemorrhoids.
Best way to sleep with hemorrhoids
One of the most important things you can do to improve your piles’ condition is alter your sleep habits. When you lie down to sleep, make sure your anal region isn’t being compressed. Hemorrhoids and piles sufferers may benefit from the following suggestions:
- Make sure you’re sleeping on a comfortable mattress. You are using a firm mattress while sleeping might exacerbate the problem.
- Sleeping in comfy clothing is a good idea. Skin irritation might occur if you sleep in clothing that is too tight.
- Try to avoid wearing underwear while you sleep if at all feasible. When you don’t wear any innerwear while you sleep, your anal area’s skin has more room to breathe and recover.
- Sleeping on your back is a no-no. Anal discomfort might be exacerbated if you put pressure on it.
- If you’re planning on going to sleep, avoid spicy meals. Eating spicy or greasy food might lead to frequent trips to the bathroom, which is terrible for your piles.
Best sleeping positions for piles or hemorrhoids
If you suffer from piles or hemorrhoids, it is preferable to sleep on your side to alleviate the discomfort. The less pressure you exert on your back when sleeping on your side, the better.
You may also rest your knees on a comfortable cushion. Your anal canal will be relieved, and the weight of your abdomen will be reduced by doing this.
Why does pile pain increase by the end of the day?
Most people with piles say that they are in excruciating discomfort when they get home from work or school—the strain on the pelvis and the anal region increases during the day.
Read More: Bleeding Hemorrhoids: How to Treat and More
Furthermore, the irritation in and around the skin becomes worse at the end of the day if the individual continues walking, moving, and using the restroom.
To get rid of all the pain and suffering caused by piles, the patient should follow these steps:
- Stay hydrated by drinking water continuously throughout the day.
- Do not wear garments that are too tight. Wear loose-fitting pajamas if you have a lot of clutter.
- Please do not overdo it on the pacing.
- Do not raise any weight that might cause you to feel any discomfort.
- At least four times a day, take a sitz bath.
- The piles’ location should not be scratched or touched.